RANK ‘EM UP
- theWatchman Joins Rank ’em Up
- theWatchman Returns to Rank ’em Up: Tobal No. 1
- theWatchman Returns to Rank ’em Up: Episode 15: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Podcast Group Videos
- Stream of Consciousness, Episode 1 – Podcast Group Video
- Stream of Consciousness, Episode 2 – Podcast Group Video
- Stream of Consciousness, Episode 3: Moustache and Beard Edition – Podcast Group Video
Beyond Bacon is an area ALWAYS being revised and added to. Please check back often as we continue to improve and expand this sector of Nerd Bacon.
What is Beyond Bacon? Well, it’s our version of extras, miscellany, interviews, Top 10 lists, music, and other stuff. These aren’t game or hardware reviews, but they’re everything else that we’ve cooked up here at The Bacon. This area is bound to change often, so stop by frequently! Check out our newest small project, BACON BEBOP, below!
Check out some of Nerd Bacon’s top 10 lists of things like games, consoles, and other fun topics!
Come read articles in this side project where senior members discuss various aspects of the music industry.
Check out The Cubist’s personal outlet for nerdy pursuits outside of the gaming world.
Drawn to video game soundtracks? Take a look at this column started by ChronoSloth to celebrate some impressive musical achievements within the medium.
Our newest column, Rhutsczar’s Board Games (RBG), is (guess what) a take on board games from our own Rhutsczar.
Justicescooby reviews individual Roblox games.
Read Nerd Bacon’s exclusive computer related articles.
- Nerd Bacon writer Sarus Vakarian talks to Keith Burgun, lead designer at Dinofarm Games about their latest game, Auro!
- Before he joined Nerd Bacon, Cloud3514 was still doing some press work. Here’s an interview he did with Tommy Tallarico, composer for over 300 games.
- Melancholy Republic is a more mature take on classic RPGs. Nerd Bacon interviews designer Nicholas Spargo on what inspires this tragic tale.
- It’s the first edition of NerdBacon Interviews! w/ InfiniteKnife! This time, we spoke with Matt Zion (Wreckless Eating/Zion Mainframe Gaming)
- Travel to Cuba with Nips as he talks to the developers of Savior, Cuba’s first indie game.
- 25 Reasons Why Retrogaming is Better
- You know damn well that Retrogaming is better! And so do we. That’s why we’ve compiled 25 reasons why Retrogaming bests modern gaming any day of the week.
- 3DO Porn: A Complete Guide to Vivid Interactive’s 3DO Library
- Nerd Bacon presents the one, the only, the complete guide to every craptacular Vivid Interactive game published on the 3DO.
- Arcade on Life Support
- The Cubist and Nerdberry enter an odd world where the arcade machines of old aren’t quite dead or alive… Hanging on by a thread.
- Celebrating 2 Years of Video Game Goodness: Our Birthday
- In honor of serving you the most fun and original content on the web for the last 2 years, we will be writing reviews on original sequels!
- Celebrating Retroary with a True Tribute to the Classics
- Shovel Knight may not be an old game, but it is a lovingly crafted tribute to the 8 and 16 bit eras. Get your retro juices flowing with this 100% playthrough on the PS4, including the Sony-exclusive boss battle with Kratos!
- Could NES Classic Edition Pave Way for Others?
- Join Nerdberry as he details who came first and who might be next in the world of dedicated retroconsole releases.
- Dreamcast Generator Vol. 1: Playable Bits & Video Clips – OVERVIEW
- Looking at the Dreamcast’s pack-in demo disc. What’s playable, why it’s good, and the real honor and excitement involved in a 1999 demo opportunity at home!
- Give the Wii U a Chance
- Nerd Bacon owner The Cubist asks you to give the Wii U a chance.
- hap Inc: Humor in Mobile Games
- A look at the quirky, inventive mobile titles from hap Inc.
- HD Remakes: Are They Worth It?
- Many a classic game is receiving the royal HD treatment. But is it worth it?
- I’m Reviewing This Sausage Dog
- Turning this classic cheddar wurst sausage dog into a Carolina style masterpiece.
- Inspiring Sega: What’s it going to take?
- Sega… What’s it going to take to inspire you to bring back to the classics we all love from the 1990s?
- Konami as Pyramid Head: Silent Hill’s Second Death
- Silent Hill fans have it rough. Not quite as rough as James Sunderland, but there are some strange parallels between Silent Hills and Silent Hill 2.
- Let’s Have a Discussion on Paid Mods
- Nerd Bacon’s Justicescooby talks about Valve’s controversial new announcement about paid mods and why he feels it is a horrible idea.
- Nerd Bacon Art Lessons with Mario Paint *VIDEO
- Have the world at the tip of your fingers with the infinite possibilities of Mario Paint. Let Nerd Bacon teach you how to use Mario Paint to its fullest.
- Prima’s Super Mario 64 Game Secrets Unauthorized: Review
- Prima’s Super Mario 64 Game Secrets Unauthorized will make you take your internet modem and chuck into a river… because why use anything else?! It’s all right here. And I’m reviewing it. Because? Because because.
- Project Obscure
- Enter the world of Project Obscure, a place where only the most obscure of games and consoles get reviewed.
- The Pros and Cons of Dating These 10 Video Game Bachelorettes
- Ever wondered what it would be like to be in a romantic liaison with a video game character? Read the pros and cons of dating these 10 gaming bachelorettes!
- The Pros and Cons of Dating These 10 Video Game Bachelors
- Ever wondered what it would be like to date a video game character? We’ve got information you may need when it comes to these 10 video game bachelors.
- PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Controllers
- Which controller is better and why? We’ll tell you.
- Retrogaming Collector Hysteria
- Take a brief trip into the shortlived hysteria of one fellow gamer as he put on a yard sale with retrogames. There was looting, fires, and people died.
- SEGA to re-enter the Console Market!
- Sega has announced plans to re-enter the console race! Here’s what to expect!
- Should Sega Make a New Video Game Console?
- Sega came. They conquered. Then they left. Do they have a chance at a comeback?
- Something Old, Something New, Something Doom
- Bethesda looks to the past to bring long-awaited iteration in gaming franchise into the future. ID software shows off new gameplay, mulitplayer, and Snapmap
- Study Finds that Games Change the Behavior of Psychopaths
- A recent Yale study finds that playing computer games can help convicted psychopaths empathize and improve their behavior.
- Super Mario 64 HD Fan Remake – An Interview with Aryoksini
- Nerd Bacon’s News Director the Watchman interviews Aryoksini. One of the developers working on Super Mario 64 HD Fan Remake.
- Super Mario Bros: The Movie: The Game – NES game review
- Come revisit the video game that’s based off the movie that’s based off a video game in this stellar review!
- System Memory: How Much? How Fast?
- Breaking down the ins and outs of system memory and what works best for you.
- Take Me Back to a Simpler Time
- Nerd Bacon owner Nerdberry loves new games. But he misses the simpler days of 8 and 16 bit gaming. Come cry with us at Nerd Bacon.
- The Unabridged Adventures in Flea Marketing
- Join Nerd Bacon Scavenger ZB as he traverses the wild grounds of his local flea market. It’s Volume I of The Unabridged Adventures in Flea Marketing!
- A Virtual Life in Plastic: An Overview of the Barbie Games
- Barbie is the Queen of fashion, but is she a memorable video game character? Let’s take a gander into the magical world of Barbie games!
- Was it All a Dream? The E3 2015 Review
- E3 2015 has wrapped up and NerdBacon’s News Director theWatchman ranks the performance of the big 3 console manufacturers.
- Who Can Dethrone ANY of the Three Powerful Console Giants?
- Taking a look at the power hold Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have on the console gaming industry.
- You Shoulda Been There: 1987
- student 20’s You Shoulda Been There: 1987 covers a slice of video gaming history: the year 1987 in all its glory.
- You Shoulda Been There: 1987 Strikes Back
- student 20 takes us back to 1987 to finish off his musings on what might be the most important year in the history of video games.
- Youmacon 2014 – A Journey
- Nerd Bacon writer Sarus Vakarian narrates her journey through Detroit’s annual Japanese pop culture convention: Youmacon.
- Nerd Bacon Tackles Youmacon with Style. Inside Photos!
- A Brief History of Tremor: Mortal Kombat’s Lost Ninja
- Klassic Versions of Favorite Characters Return in Mortal Kombat X *VIDEO
- Mortal Kombat X DLC Pack Causes Waves of Disappointment at Debut
- Mortal Kombat X – First Impressions
- Mortal Kombat X – Klassic Costumes and Fatalities Part 2
- Mortal Kombat X – Secret Brutalities! – with near-HD Video *VIDEO
Mortal Kombat X Video Demos
Share This Page