Bacon Badges Key
Have you noticed the icons appearing next to our members’ names lately? Have you noticed how even more pop up when you move your cursor over them? Well, if you’re reading this, I’ll assume you were curious and clicked on one of these icons. It’s our way of recognizing the rank and accomplishments of our members.
The first badge represents a member’s rank (“rank badge”). Once they’ve become a full-fledged author (or more), a second badge is added denoting how many published articles they’ve contributed to the site (“post badge”). These numbers provide a pretty good representation of a member’s overall involvement, but we also want to recognize other achievements, shown in the box that appear. Want to know what they all mean? Here’s the rundown:
– Contributor – Mushroom Badge – For members with 5 published articles.
– Senior Contributor – Carrot Badge – For members with 10 published articles.
– Junior Author – Frog Suit Badge – For members with 15 published articles.
– Author – Raccoon Leaf Badge – For members with 20 published articles.
– Reporter – Feather Badge – A member of author status who brings us the latest news when it comes to gaming.
– Editor – Fire Flower Badge – A member of author status who assists us with editing and publishing articles.
– Department Manager/Specialist – Sledgehammer Suit Badge – Specialists on our staff who assist us in specific areas.
– Exemplar – Tanooki Suit Badge – A member recognized for their extraordinary contributions to the site.
– Assistant Administrator – Whistle Badge – Members who are active in managing the site on several levels.
– Administrator – Starman Badge – The founders and supreme authority here at The Bacon.
In addition to holding important administrative and managerial ranks, many members service the site in other ways that deserve distinction. Here we take a chance to recognize accomplishments outside of the norm, both big and small.
– Financial Contributor – Coin Badge – Awarded to anyone who’s ever thrown a few bucks towards Nerd Bacon.
– Beneficiary – Music Box Badge – For those who have received free and/or promotional material, digital or physical, from developers, publishers, etc.
– Exclusive News – Letter (from Old Man to Old Woman) Badge – This is for members who have brought us an exclusive piece of information, be it an interview, a promotional look at a game, or first-hand coverage of an event.
– Video Reviewer – POW Badge – For members who have taken the time and effort to produce at least one video for us.
– Twitch Host – Golden Leaf Badge – Given to those who have hosted at least one official Nerd Bacon Twitch stream.
– Twitch Attendee – Statue Leaf – Given to those who have attended at least one official Nerd Bacon Twitch stream.
– Blogger – Green Leaf – For members who’ve maintained an active blog here on the site.
– Proud Baconeer – Poison Mushroom – For members who’ve created a bio page on the site. (Don’t take the Poison Mushroom the wrong way…we thought it looked cool and wanted to use it somewhere!)
– Enthusiastic Baconeer – Gold Mushroom – For members who’ve filled out a short questionnaire in order to become part of our Meet Team Nerd Bacon running post.
– Newsletter Contributor – Lightning Bolt – For members who’ve made a contribution to our bi-weekly newsletter.
– Recruiter – Metal Box Badge – For members who have referred prospective new members to the site.
– LNNB Attendee – Cube of Zoe Badge – For members who have attended our casual Late Night Nerd Bacon (LNNB) Twitch stream.
These badges are a loose representation of the diversity that a given member has brought to The Bacon. We cover an immense scope, and we love to see members with an equally diverse interest in gaming.
– Columnist – Screwattack Badge – For members who’ve kept up a regular column on a topic of their choosing under the “Beyond Bacon” section.
– News Writer – Map Badge – For members who’ve contributed at least once piece of news to the site.
– Do-It-Yourself-er – Potion Badge – For members who’ve written at least one DIY article.
– Top 10 Composer – Box Hat Badge – For members who’ve written at least one Top 10 (or similar) article.
– Hardware Reviewer – Hammer Badge – For members who’ve written at least one hardware review.
– Nintendo Contributor – Question Block Badge – For members who’ve written a review of a game for any Nintendo system.
– Sega Contributor – Ring Badge – For members who’ve written a review of a game for any Sega system.
– Sony Contributor – Sackboy Badge – For members who’ve written a review of a game for any Sony system.
– Microsoft Contributor – Master Chief Badge – For members who’ve written a review of a game for any Microsoft system.
– Atari Contributor – Joust Badge – For members who’ve written a review of a game for any Atari system.
– PC/Mac Contributor – Pokedex Badge – For members who’ve written a review of any PC/Mac/Linux game.
– Arcade Contributor – Pacman Badge – For members who’ve written a review of any arcade game.
– Mobile Contributor – Angry Badge – For members who’ve written a review of any game for a mobile platform.
– A Second Opinion – Copy Flower Badge – For members who’ve reviewed a game that we already have a review for (and thus adding their own take of the game or device).
– Sega’s Frankenstein – Spirit Orb Badge – For members who have reviewed at least one game each for all of Sega’s “Frankenstein” conglomerate: the Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X.
– Fanatic – Bat Pentagram Badge – For members who have reviewed at least 5 games from the same franchise.
– Super Fanatic – Duplicator Badge – For members who have reviewed at least 10 games from the same franchise.
Once a member reaches the rank of author or higher, their rank badge remains in place while a second badge continues to represent their level of contribution.
Social Networking Badges
The Bacon is making a sizable effort to involve ourselves on multiple social networking sites, and we like to recognize the members that help and support us on those various sites.
– 2 Year Anniversary – Double Shot Badge – Our first limited edition badge, available to members who provided us with reviews for 2 “first sequels” during August 2015, the month of our 2 year anniversary.
– 1 Year of Continual Service – Triforce Badge – For members who have provided Nerd Bacon with a year of continuous contributions.
– Project Obscure Participant – Compass Badge – A badge for members who have contributed at least one suitably obscure hardware or game review for our ongoing “Project Obscure.”
– October Participant – Pumpkin Badge – A badge for members who have contributed at least one monster or horror themed game review for the month of October.
– Retroary (February) Participant – Varia Suit Badge – A badge for members who have contributed at least one “retro” game or hardware review (pre-2000) for the month of February.
– April’s Foolish Games Participant – Egg Badge – A badge for members who have contributed at least one “foolish” (bad!) game review for the month of April.
– E3 Participant – E-Tank Badge – A badge for members who have contributed at least one news article during our efforts to cover E3.
– Extraordinary Performance – Crown Badge – An intermittently awarded badge that goes out to Nerd Bacon’s very finest. While all of our Baconeers work hard, a few do so much more than we ask and really put in the extra effort to make us bigger, better, and stronger. Many of these individuals work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure that we get as much done as we possibly can!
– Featured Writer – Maxim Tomato Badge – A badge for members who’ve written an article which we (the administration) has decided to feature in the homepage slideshow.
Share This Page