How to Output Audio via RCA when Using HMDI on Xbox 360
By Shadow Links
One day I wanted to use my computer monitor to play my console games on with a HDMI to DVI cable since its more portable. Lo and behold it has no speakers nor does DVI carry audio data anyways, but with this solution a set of computer speakers or headphones can be used to hear the sound anytime you want to use the HDMI for video and composite cables for sound.
- HDMI cable/HDMI to DVI
- A set of composite cables for XBox 360 (Yellow/White/Red)
- Optional: X-Acto Knife
- Optional: Electrical Tape
- Composite to 3.5mm audio jack
- Take the X-Acto knife and score the creases on the sides of the large plug on the composite cables (optional but makes it easier)
- Wedge the screwdriver in there hard and push through to open the shell. Dont worry about being rough, its mostly empty air inside.
- Remove the bulging shell. All it ever did was take up space.
- Wrap the plug with electrical tape to prevent anything from coming loose and cover where the shell used to be.
- Plug this into the Xbox as well as the HDMI cable. The RCA ends (Red/white) into where ever you want the audio and the HDMI cable will go to the TV.
- If you want a different output to headphones or a set of computer speakers you can buy a audio jack adapter to change from composite (White/Red) to 3.5mm stereo jack
And that’s it. Now you can output audio to headphones to enjoy your games quietly without an expensive set of Turtle Beach headphones or use a set of speakers to blow everyone away.
Share This Post