NerdBacon.com Contributor Application
Thank you for your interest in writing for NerdBacon.com. We are growing rapidly and looking for talented, dedicated writers to help us become one of the preeminent video game review sites in the world. Before you complete the application form, please read the NerdBacon.com minimum standards policies below.
- Contributing to NerdBacon.com is strictly voluntary; at this time there are no paid positions available.
- Video games written for NerdBacon.com should generally be of at least 800 words in length with correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. We understand that hardware reviews, reviews of smartphone/tablet games, and articles in some other categories may not warrant this length.
- We prefer that you submit a few quality articles rather than a large number of them that do not meet minimum length requirements or are otherwise substandard.
- NerdBacon.com takes a very dim view of plagiarism, or the use of images/logos that infringe on others’ copyrights/trademarks. Reviews/screen shots will be checked for originality. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, including the possibility of dismissal as a contributor.
- NerdBacon.com is an open site where all video gamers are welcome to read about video game hardware, software and upcoming products/events in the video game industry. Accordingly, derogatory comments toward other members including hate speech, excessive profanity, etc. are not allowed. Please air your views in a civil manner.
- We do have a few policies governing the type and amount of output expected. You may view the details by clicking on the appropriate links under “Information for Members (Required)” in the right sidebar. These are closer to guidelines than strict rules; for those planning to be serious, stable contributors, they shouldn’t be a problem.
- Occasionally we accept members who may have other special talents to bring to the table. If you are interested in helping out Nerd Bacon in another way, please return to the Contact Us page and let us know. Keep in mind though that we are primarily focused on increasing our output through the recruitment of new writers.
Share This Page